Friday, March 14, 2008

The Philly Leprechaun Run

Everyone wish me luck... tomorrow morning, Karen, Bryan (K's brother) and I will be running in the 5 mile leprechaun run. This is my first attempt at a race, so it should be very interesting. You might quickly realize my motivation will be to make it to the finish line as quick as possible so I can join the post race Irish pub crawl!! Nothing motivates you more, than a nice cold Guiness after a run ( I imagine).

For those that are not aware, I have been trying to get my lazy bones in shape for the last 4-5 months, and seem to be doing pretty good. You may also be aware that I have basically been a couch potato for the past... hmmm... 20 years??? This is a significant change and challenge for me. I have been running on my elliptical and treadmill 2-6 times per week and am feeling great. This "race" should be a good barometer for me to see where I am at. Especially considering that we are going to run in the Philly Broad Street run in May (which is 10 miles). I will post some pics and let you know how (or if) I finished tomorrow.

No comments:

Rolling Stone


For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com

Redskins News

Wizards News

PSU Football News